In our fast-paced, always-connected world, it’s easy to feel drained and overwhelmed by the demands of daily life. Stress, work, and personal responsibilities can leave us feeling depleted both physically and mentally. That’s where the concept of an “energy reset” comes into play. An energy reset is a deliberate practice that allows you to recharge, rejuvenate, and regain your vitality. Let’s explore why to have an energy reset and then practical tips on how to do it.
Why an Energy Reset Is Important. Knowing the why helps with follow through. Most people don’t operate well with a just do it because I said so system. So, let’s dive into the why…
- Mental Clarity and Focus
Taking time for an energy reset helps clear your mind of clutter and distractions. It allows you to refocus your thoughts and concentrate on what truly matters, leading to enhanced productivity and creativity. Just like a cluttered house makes you feel claustrophobic, a cluttered mind does the same thing. It’s hard to be focused when there are so many thoughts going on.
- Stress Reduction
Stress is a significant energy drainer. By taking an energy reset you provide yourself a break from the daily stressors and this helps you manage and reduce stress levels. Lowering stress improves your overall well-being and promotes a healthier life in all kinds of ways. It lowers stress hormones like cortisol, improves mental health, and gives us more enjoyment in life.
- Improved Physical Health
Your physical health is closely linked to your energy levels. Resting and resetting your energy can lead to improved sleep quality, better immune function, and more energy for physical activities, which in turn can contribute to overall health.
- Enhanced Emotional Well-being
When you take time for yourself through an energy reset, you can process your emotions. This can help you cultivate emotional resilience, leading to better mental health and more positive relationships. We will get into the “how” below, but when you take the time to process emotions, there is a release that happens and the ability to move on. It is easy to hold on tightly to how we have been wronged, but it doesn’t help us grow and move forward.
How to Do an Energy Reset
Now that we’ve established the importance of an energy reset (the why), let’s explore how to actually do it. What’s great about an Energy Reset is, you can do it anytime. You can schedule a day to focus on resetting your energy, but it can also be part of your daily routine. Here are some practical steps to get you started:
- Set Boundaries: One of the first steps to an energy reset is setting boundaries. Learn to say no when you need to and allocate time for yourself without feeling guilty. This might be saying no to volunteering at your kids school, or it may be saying no to extra responsibilities at work. Remember you say yes to something, you are automatically saying no to something else. If you are an automatic yes to most things you are asked to do, saying no can feel wrong. It can feel mean or bring up guilt. It’s okay to feel those things, it doesn’t mean that you are doing something wrong. It just means you are starting a new habit of saying yes to yourself. A book that I strongly recommend for this is “Set Boundaries, Find Peace: A Guide to Reclaiming Yourself” by Nedra Glover Tawwab
- Meditation and Mindfulness: Meditation and mindfulness practices are excellent for grounding yourself and clearing your mind. Spend a few minutes each day meditating, practicing deep breathing exercises, or using mantras. Mantras can be used by repeating them out loud or writing them down. Some of my favorite energy giving mantras are:
- I am worthy of self-care and self-love.
- I release what no longer serves me and embrace what uplifts me.
- I am grateful for this moment and all that it offers
- I am worthy of self-care and nourishment
- With every breath I inhale strength, and with every exhale I release fatigue.
- Disconnect: Take breaks from your devices and social media. Constant digital connection can be draining. Unplugging for a while can help you reset your energy. Social media is meant to be addicting, that is how it is designed. It can make us feel like we have to check it to see what is going on, what someone commented or liked- it becomes overwhelming. Try removing it from your phone for a weekend. Be aware of how what comes up for you during that time, it can feel anxious or even panicky at first.
- Movement: moving your body releases endorphins, which boost your mood and energy levels. Incorporate regular movement into your routine to feel more vital and refreshed. The important part is: find something that you enjoy. You don’t have to do a certain number of reps or certain exercises in order to feel the benefit. If you are enjoying what you are doing, you will feel even better. There are a lot of options!!!Some yoga poses that are energy giving for me are:
- Legs up the Wall
- Happy Baby
- Childs pose
- Get Quality Sleep: Prioritize a good night’s sleep. Aim for 7-9 hours of quality sleep to ensure your body and mind have the time to reset and rejuvenate. Having a bedtime/nighttime routine is a must! An hour before bed, start winding down. Shut off screens, pick up a real book, avoid bright lights, take a detox bath, play a relaxing playlist, do a bedtime meditation, put on comfy pjs. Make sure your room is set up for sleep- no light, white noise, comfy bedding, cool and calm.
- Hobbies and Interests: Engage in activities you’re passionate about. Hobbies and interests can be a great source of joy and revitalization. There are so many options, find something that brings you joy. Give one of these a try: scrapbooking, knitting, gardening, cooking, reading, decorating, doing a jigsaw puzzles, photography, games, dancing or astronomy.
- Nature and Fresh Air: Spending time outdoors, even just a short walk in a park, can do wonders for your energy levels. Nature has a calming effect that can help you reset. There are many ways to enjoy nature, pick the one that feels aligned with your desire: Hiking, have a picnic, birdwatching, stargazing, reading outside in a hammock, gardening, going to parks, or make a nature treasure hunt!
- Socialize: Connect with friends and family. Meaningful interactions can boost your energy and provide emotional support. When our schedule is busy, our social life is one of the first things to go. Schedule one of these things to do with a friend: take a walk, have a book club, grab coffee, schedule a zoom glass of wine, take a cooking class together.
- Journaling: Writing down your thoughts and feelings can be therapeutic. It allows you to process your emotions and gain insight into yourself. Try one of these:
- Fuel Your Body: Focus on increasing colorful plants in your meals and snacks provides you with energy. So many “diet plans” focus on what you shouldn’t be eating. Any time you approach something with the focus on what you are lacking, it is draining. By approaching our nutrition on what to ADD instead, feels more energetic and gives the added nutrients help GIVE you energy. When you add colorful plants into your diet you get:
- more nutrients and less calories
- natural carbohydrates (our body’s primary source of energy)
- antioxidants which help protect our cells & maintain energy
- fiber that allows us to have sustained energy
An energy reset is not a luxury; it’s a necessity for maintaining a balanced and healthy life. By taking the time to reset your energy, you can improve your mental clarity, reduce stress, boost physical and emotional well-being, and ultimately enhance your overall quality of life. Remember, an energy reset doesn’t have to be a grand gesture; small, consistent efforts can make a big difference. Prioritize self-care, set boundaries, and make time for yourself – your body and mind will thank you for it.
How I can help!
With Holistic Health and Wellness Coaching:
- Did you know that I have been a nurse for over 15 years and am also a holistic wellness coach?
- If you ready for a real change in your life that allows you to heal and find real wellness- physically, emotionally and spiritually. Then wellness coaching is for you!!
- Try a complimentary session!!
Join my monthly membership: Register here
As a member you get:
1. A Meditation available every Wednesday. This helps support your mental and emotional wellness by aiding in your stress reduction.
2. A new healthy recipe and how-to video available each Sunday, so that you can go into your week prepared with healthy choices to help support your physical wellness.
3. A monthly wellness challenge that will change each month. The challenge will include a printable calendar with the challenge details as well as daily inspiration. The monthly challenge will rotate between things like movement, nutrition, and mindset. Helping you to create healthy routines and habits that support every aspect of your wellness!
4. Morning messages sent directly to you reminding you what the wellness challenge of the day is & inspiring you to complete it in practical ways.
5. Access to a member-only Facebook group that will allow you to connect with others who are also improving their wellness and enhance the feeling of community and accountability!
5. All videos and content, once released, you can watch whenever you want, as many times as you want.
And get ready for this…. you get everything I mentioned above included for only $29 a month!!! That is less than $1 a day!
FREE wellness worksheets:
- Just for signing up for my newsletter, you automatically get emailed my printable guide to wellness as well as getting access to many other worksheets that you can print off and use right away!!
Join my monthly book club:
What it is:
- Facebook group: Real Life Book Club
- Each month we read a new book- varied genre of books
- I’ll post 6 discussion questions in the Facebook group at the end of the month. This is your time to interact with other book lovers!
- Optional book club guide monthly emailed to you
- Check out my Bookshop link with all of my past book club picks
Follow me on Social Media:
See what wellness looks like for me in my everyday life & you get more pictures of Lilo!!
- Instagram– follow my stories and reels
- On Pinterest – come pin with me – check out my boards for my favorite meal planning ideas and more!
- & if you want to dive into wellness a more, join my private Facebook Group: Wellness for Real Life- body, mind and spirit
***Some of the links in my posts contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link. I pinky promise I will always give my honest opinion of any product and would never recommend something if I did not use and love it!!