Stress is part of our human experience. While we can’t get away from it, we CAN decide how to handle it. We may be in the habit to do things that will make us feel worse- like eating junk food, drinking alcohol, and mindlessly scrolling on social media. But when we take a minute to ask ourselves, what is my mind, body, and spirit needing here, that can be the way to heal and not just put a bandaid on it.
Our thoughts are powerful.
When I am worrying about something, it is usually something that hasn’t happened. But I start imagining it as if it IS happening. I experience real physical symptoms. My heart beats faster, I breathe faster and shallower, I become consumed with this thought, and my stomach starts hurting. Remember, this is all happening from a thought, not from something that has actually happened.
This is the power of our thoughts. If we can create stress in our bodies from thinking negative, we can also create calmness in our bodies with our thoughts.
Where to start?
- I get a smile on my face
- I feel lighter
- I feel happier
- I breathe deeper
- I feel more relaxed
- I feel hopeful and joyful
Try it out. Start imagining something really good happening. Imagine it in detail. What it looks like, the people that are around you, what sounds are happening, what smells are there. What happens to me when I do this, is:
- Ask yourself- is this thought going to help me or hold me back:
- Have patience with yourself!
- It is pretty much impossible to completely change this overnight. If you automatically think of worst-case scenario, it’s probably been going on for a while. It’s an established habit.
- Allow yourself to also imagine the best-case scenario.
- Challenge your thought. Is there another way to look at it?
- How would you talk to a friend who was going through the same thing?
Keep it simple.
Stick to these 3 things to help your body manage stress:
- Increase colorful plants in your diet
- Move your body every day- try one of these: take a walk, stretch, do yoga, strength train, or try a Tabata
- Be aware of your water intake- increase it if needed
Our environment makes a difference.
Creating an intentional environment allows us to deepen our connection and can create calmness.
Think about using all 5 senses to create an environment that is stress relieving.
- Sight- declutter, art, and wall color.
- Sound- calming playlist, water feature, or sound machine
- Scent- diffusing essential oils, candles, or an essential oil roller bottle
- Touch- blankets, pillows, heating blanket and a comfy seat
- Taste- Camomile tea, peppermint, or dark chocolate.
This can be done on a small or large scale. Maybe you have a small space at work, think about how to create calmness in your environment there.
Here is an example:
- Declutter your desk, play calm music (consider using headphones)
- Have a small bottle of essential oils that you can smell when needed or a roller bottle that you can apply to your wrists and behind your ears
- Make your seat comfortable (get a different chair, bring a pillow)
- Have some herbal tea or dark chocolate at your desk
How I can help!
With Holistic Health and Wellness Coaching:
- Did you know that I have been a nurse for over 15 years and am also a holistic wellness coach?
- If you ready for a real change in your life that allows you to heal and find real wellness- physically, emotionally and spiritually. Then wellness coaching is for you!!
- Schedule your complimentary consultation!!
Join my monthly membership: Register here
As a member you get:
1. A Meditation available every Wednesday. This helps support your mental and emotional wellness by aiding in your stress reduction.
2. A new healthy recipe and how-to video available each Sunday, so that you can go into your week prepared with healthy choices to help support your physical wellness.
3. A monthly wellness challenge that will change each month. The challenge will include a printable calendar with the challenge details as well as daily inspiration. The monthly challenge will rotate between things like movement, nutrition, and mindset. Helping you to create healthy routines and habits that support every aspect of your wellness!
4. Morning messages sent directly to you reminding you what the wellness challenge of the day is & inspiring you to complete it in practical ways.
5. Access to a member-only Facebook group that will allow you to connect with others who are also improving their wellness and enhance the feeling of community and accountability!
5. All videos and content, once released, you can watch whenever you want, as many times as you want.
And get ready for this…. you get everything I mentioned above included for only $29 a month!!! That is less than $1 a day!
FREE wellness worksheets:
- Just for signing up for my newsletter, you automatically get emailed my printable guide to wellness as well as getting access to many other worksheets that you can print off and use right away!!
My monthly book club:
What it is:
- Join my monthly book club
- When you sign up for the book club you will receive a list of each month’s book club pick for the year!
- At the end of each month, you will get a book club kit for that month’s book with the book club question, recipes inspired by the book and a playlist inspired by the book.
- If you like book discussions you can be involved with our Book Club Facebook group and/or an local in-person meeting!
- Check out my Bookshop link with all of my past book club picks
Follow me on Social Media:
See what wellness looks like for me in my everyday life & you get more pictures of Lilo!!
- Instagram– follow my stories and reels
- On Pinterest – come pin with me – check out my boards for my favorite meal planning ideas and more!
- & if you want to dive into wellness a more, join my private Facebook Group: Wellness for Real Life- body, mind and spirit
***Some of the links in my posts contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link. I pinky promise I will always give my honest opinion of any product and would never recommend something if I did not use and love it!!
D I S C L A I M E R Anything that I discuss about making any lifestyle changes is from my own experience and/or other clients personal experiences and may not be suited for you. It is strongly recommended that you consult with your health professional before making changes in your own life. By engaging in anything that I talk about, you agree that you do so at your own risk.