Many people think of meditation when they hear the word mindfulness. But, there are other ways to practice mindfulness. Mindfulness is simply the practice of being present. I would love to tell you, how to take a mindful walk.
Have you ever heard of this? A mindful walk is something that can immediately help you feel better- and there is no cost!
If you are ready to…
- Feel more peace
- Be more present
Give it try! Here is how to get started-
How to take a mindful walk:
- Walk without listening to music or a podcast
- As you start your walk, ground yourself by counting your step 1 to 10 and then start back at 1. Do this as long as you need to start to feel present.
- Look around and really notice your surroundings. Name all of the things that you can see – trees, grass, houses, a neighbor walking their dog, kids playing, etc…
- Then… listen! Name all of the things that you can hear – birds chirping, someone mowing their lawn, cars, water splashing, etc.
- Next, name everything you can smell – freshly cut grass, someone cooking dinner, flowers, etc.
- Now… what can you feel – the wind blowing on your face, the warm sun, your gloves on your hands, your pants rubbing on your legs, etc.
- Then… what can you taste – your coffee from this morning, gum in your mouth, or maybe a snowflake, etc.
- Then start back at what you can see and move back down again through the senses. Each time you will be in a new area of your walk.
- If you need to, go back to counting your steps to ground you to the present.
- You can do this for 10 minutes, around the block or for a whole hour!
I would love to hear your thoughts on this, and if you enjoyed learning how to take a mindful walk!
How I can help!
With Holistic Health and Wellness Coaching:
- Did you know that I have been a nurse for over 16 years and am also a holistic wellness coach?
- If you ready for a real change in your life that allows you to heal and find real wellness- physically, emotionally and spiritually. Then wellness coaching is for you!!
- Schedule your complimentary consultation!!
Join my monthly membership: Register here
As a member you get:
1. A Meditation available every Wednesday. This helps support your mental and emotional wellness by aiding in your stress reduction.
2. A new healthy recipe you can use for meal preop is available each Sunday, so that you can go into your week prepared with healthy choices to help support your physical wellness.
3. A monthly wellness challenge that will change each month. The challenge will include a printable calendar with the challenge details as well as daily inspiration. The monthly challenge will rotate between things like movement, nutrition, and mindset. Helping you to create healthy routines and habits that support every aspect of your wellness!
4. Morning messages sent directly to you reminding you what the wellness challenge of the day is & inspiring you to complete it in practical ways.
5. Access to a member-only Facebook group that will allow you to connect with others who are also improving their wellness and enhance the feeling of community and accountability!
And get ready for this…. you get everything I mentioned above included for only $29 a month!!! That is less than $1 a day!
My podcast!! Listen in your way:
Weekly Wellness Newsletter
- Just for signing up for my newsletter, you automatically get emailed my printable guide to wellness as well as getting access to many other worksheets that you can print off and use right away!!
- Receive and email every Wednesday with a different way to make wellness simple in your life.
My monthly book club:
What it is:
- Join my monthly book club
- When you sign up for the book club you will receive a list of each month’s book club pick for the year!
- At the end of each month, you will get a book club kit for that month’s book with the book club question, recipes inspired by the book and a playlist inspired by the book.
- If you like book discussions you can be involved with our Book Club Facebook group and/or an local in-person meeting!
- Check out my Bookshop link with all of my past book club picks
Follow me on Social Media:
See what wellness looks like for me in my everyday life & you get more pictures of Lilo!!
- Instagram– follow my stories and reels
- On Pinterest – come pin with me – check out my boards for my favorite meal planning ideas and more!
- & if you want to dive into wellness a more, join my private Facebook Group: Wellness for Real Life- body, mind and spirit
***Some of the links in my posts contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link. I pinky promise I will always give my honest opinion of any product and would never recommend something if I did not use and love it!!
D I S C L A I M E R Anything that I discuss about making any lifestyle changes is from my own experience and/or other clients personal experiences and may not be suited for you. It is strongly recommended that you consult with your health professional before making changes in your own life. By engaging in anything that I talk about, you agree that you do so at your own risk.