If you think “if only my life was different or better”, I would be happy. But you can’t quite name what that is, or how to do it…then you are in the right place. Knowing what you want seems like it would be easy, but if you are like me, it’s not so easy. I can tell you that when you are living the live you want, all of your relationships improve, and everything feels more genuine and aligned. There is not a pill you can take and then magically have your life transformed into everything you have always wanted. Like anything that is sustainable, it takes time and work. But it is completely and 100% worth it. So, let’s dive into how to create a vision for your life.
Step 1: Set up a date with yourself
Plan a meeting or date with yourself. Maybe it’s at a coffee shop, or at home with a glass of wine when you have the house to yourself.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What would you do if you could do anything?
- What would you do if you loved yourself more?
- What is draining my energy?
- What makes me feel energized?
Step 2: Write
List these categories in your life and ask what your satisfaction is with each area, what would you like more of, and what you would like less of.
- Physical health: (nutrition, movement, overall health)
- Family (spouse/partner, kids, parents, siblings)
- Personal growth (what are areas of focus for you)
- Community (friends, social life, community involvment)
- Living Environment
Step 3: Imagine
Imagine if things are exactly like you want them to be, what does your life look like:
- in 6 months
- in 1 year
- in 5 years
Step 4: Evaluate
Using the answers in the previous steps
- where do you see parallels
- what areas in your life are you not aligned
Step 5: Create
Make an action plan! How can you get from where you are to where you want to be?
- Feeling overwhelmed? I can help! Have a free coaching session with me and I can help you get started! Schedule here
- DIY: Start making small steps to create this life that you want. See some examples below.
- Physical health: I want to get into a regular workout routine. Action- walk Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 6am for 30 minutes. Put it on the calendar like any other meeting or event.
- Family: I want to feel more connected to my husband. Action- schedule a monthly date night and put it on the calendar. Phones in airplane mode while on our date.
- Work: I want to have a better work/life balance. Action- I will not check work emails after 6pm on weekdays and not at all on weekends.
- Money/Finances: I want to be more intentional with my money. Action: I will track my spending and see where I can make adjustments.
- Personal growth: I want to learn how to set boundaries. Action: Read Set Boundaries, Find Peace by Nedra Tawwab
- Spirituality: I want to feel more connected to my spirituality. Action be aware of where I feel connected.
- Community: I want to connect with my friends more. Action: set up a monthly get together with friends (book club, supper club, coffee date, etc).
- Living Environment: I want a space that is decluttered. Action: I will spend 10 minutes every day on a decluttering project.
How I can help!
With Holistic Health and Wellness Coaching:
- Did you know that I have been a nurse for over 15 years and am also a holistic wellness coach?
- If you ready for a real change in your life that allows you to heal and find real wellness- physically, emotionally and spiritually. Then wellness coaching is for you!!
- Try a complimentary session!!
FREE wellness worksheets:
- Just for signing up for my newsletter, you automatically get emailed my printable guide to wellness as well as getting access to many other worksheets that you can print off and use right away!!
Join my monthly book club:
What it is:
- Facebook group: Real Life Book Club
- Each month we read a new book- varied genre of books
- I’ll post 6 discussion questions in the Facebook group at the end of the month. This is your time to interact with other book lovers!
- Optional book club guide monthly emailed to you
- Check out my Bookshop link with all of my past book club picks
Join my Declutter Group:
What it is:
- a Facebook group: Real Life Wellness: Decluttered
- declutter 1 space (closet, drawer, shelf, room) each day
- get inspiration and ideas from others
- optional monthly decluttering check list emailed to you
Follow me on Social Media:
See what wellness looks like for me in my everyday life & you get more pictures of Lilo!!
- Instagram– follow my stories and reels
- On Pinterest – come pin with me – check out my boards for my favorite meal planning ideas and more!
- & if you want to dive into wellness a more, join my private Facebook Group: Wellness for Real Life- body, mind and spirit
***Some of the links in my posts contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link. I pinky promise I will always give my honest opinion of any product and would never recommend something if I did not use and love it!!
****My posts are not to be taken as medical advice. Anything I talk about regarding fitness and nutrition, or any other lifestyle changes comes from my own personal experience or my individual client’s experiences, please consult with your personal medical provider or professional for your specific needs.