While I didn’t accomplish ALL of my August goals, (see my original post here) I did get most of them started and many of them done! My big takeaway from the last several monthly goal plan is going to sound really obvious, like- duh Faith, everyone knows that… but only those things that I make a priority and give my attention to, are the things that get done. In light of that revelation-there are 2 ways that I am going to change up the way I actually work on the things on my list:
I’m going to swallow my frog.
Have you ever heard of this quote by Mark Twain “If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And If it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first.” In other words- just do it! What’s something that you want to do, but don’t ever get to it? Do that thing first, then it’s done and out of the way. For me, this has been meditating.
For many reasons I think it is really important and I keep putting it on my daily goals, but have consistently NOT done it- it’s my frog. That is until this last week. So 4 days ago, I started meditating the first thing in the morning. (thank you to my brilliant friend Cherisa for giving me this idea). I get my coffee, sit on the couch and listen to the Calm app for 10 minutes. It’s been lovely and simple- what was keeping me from this? So much of life is so simple, but for some reason we (me) really can complicate the heck out of it. One of my focuses is finding ways to simplify all aspects of life, why make things harder then they need to be?
Use a timer
Set a timer for 30 minutes each day to work on projects on my goal list. I have noticed that the things on my indoor and outdoor projects list are not get done. But, when I think about it- honesty I am not setting any time for them to get done. They are not a focus, so then they are not a priority, therefore they do not get done.
1. Reading- Finish 3 books:
This is How it Always is by Laurie Frankel(click here to purchase on Amazon) FINISHED
Everything is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo (I listened to this as an audio book on an app called Libby) FINISHED
2. Projects Goal plan:
- Plant wildflowers – IN PROCESS
- We finally got some plants that we purchased a while ago in the ground
- Still need to plant some wild flower/pollinator seeds
- Work on raised beds- IN PROCESS
- To prepare for next year’s garden, we are planting some cover crops to help bring more nutrients to the soil!
- Update wall art- IN PROCESS
- Make updates in kid’s rooms- IN PROCESS
- With most of our kids living out of the house for college and because they are grown ups, I am making a few changes to make them also comfortable for guests
- I’m adding things like travel size toiletries, some different art, extra blankets, etc
3. Personal Goal plan:
It makes such a difference when I am consistent with these personal goal plan! I’m happy to say that I have been staying on track! Personal goals like these are the kind that make you feel good- so it’s so important to keep consistent with them
Workout 5/week(want to give Beachbody a try- let me know! Email me or message me by leaving a comment or messaging me, also see this previous blogpost all about it!) Journal and devotional daily Walk 1-2 times per day Meditate 10 minutes a day
- This has been the one that I have struggled with the most. For whatever reason, I procrastinated and was not accomplishing it. I had to really ask myself a couple of questions -why is this goal important to me? Now I either need to make it a priority, or take it off my list (it’s either a priority or it isn’t and if it is a priority then I need to make the time for it.)
Here are some things I have listened to and watched this past week! What’s on your list?
- Well Well Well podcast Brittany & Cassandra
- The Naked Marriage Podcast
- The Crystal Paine show
Links to my favorite goal planning tools:
She has lots of different options of planners, it is an organizing lovers dream site!!
Each month has a goals page- which I LOVE- it’s a great place to prepare for the upcoming month!
The Four Tendencies (click here for the link to purchase)– this book really helped me recognize the way that I am naturally motivated. Then it gave me practical ways to use it to my benefit. (It also helps on working with others in your life who have different tendencies)
Thanks for stopping by!
***Some of the links in my posts contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link. I pinky promise I will always give my honest opinion of any product and would never recommend something if I did not use it and love it!!