We all know that exercising is an important part of being healthy but knowing it and doing it are totally different things. There are a lot of barriers. Life comes up and gets in the way. If you are ready to start exercising, I am going to show you how to begin today!
The top 3 struggles I hear the most from people regarding working out are:
- Lack of motivation or getting started
- No equipment
So, let’s break down these 3 common barriers:
- put your workout on your calendar
- treat it like a meeting
- write out I will (name exercise) on (day/time) at (location)
- get movement in with things you are already doing
- walk while you talk on the phone
- take the stairs
- park farther away in the parking lot
- when you watch a show be active- during commercials or set a timer and do a movement
- while waiting for coffee to brew or when brushing your teeth- do lunges or squats
- go on an active date
- read my blog post “20 ways to add more movement into your day” for all 20 ideas!
- commit to a 10-minute workout a day
- try Heather Robertson Daily 10 Program
Lack of motivation or getting started
- find something you enjoy
- track your workouts
- get a workout partner
- write down a SMART goal
- time bound
- know your why, it can help you stay focused
- overall health, more energy, feel better, etc.
- write it out- I exercise because________________.
- workout for just 10 minutes
- find a challenge to be part of
- hire me as your wellness coach
- use your own body weight
- calf raises
- leg raises
- jumping jacks
- create an EMOM workout
- try Heather Robertson No equipment workout
- try Jess Richburg yoga
If you are ready to start or improve your health journey-start with these posts:
How I can help!
With Holistic Health and Wellness Coaching:
- Did you know that I have been a nurse for over 15 years and am also a holistic wellness coach?
- If you ready for a real change in your life that allows you to heal and find real wellness- physically, emotionally and spiritually. Then wellness coaching is for you!!
Try 2 sessions out for FREE!!
- Just for signing up for my newsletter, you automatically get emailed my printable guide to wellness as well as getting access to many other worksheets that you can print off and use right away!!
Join my monthly book club:
What it is:
- a Facebook group: Real Life Book Club
- Each month we read a new book- varied genre of books
- I’ll post 6 discussion questions in the Facebook group at the end of the month. This is your time to interact with other book lovers!
- Optional book club guide monthly emailed to you
- Check out my Bookshop link with all of my past book club picks
Join my Declutter Group:
What it is:
- a Facebook group: Real Life Wellness: Decluttered
Goals of the group
- declutter 1 space (closet, drawer, shelf, room) each day
- get inspiration and ideas from others
- optional monthly decluttering check list emailed to you
Follow me on Social Media:
See wellness looks like to me in my everyday life & you get more pictures of Lilo!!
- Instagram– follow my stories and reels
- On Pinterest – come pin with me – check out my boards for my favorite meal planning ideas and more!
- & if you want to dive into wellness a more, join my private Facebook Group: Wellness for the Real Life- body, mind and spirit
***Some of the links in my posts contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link. I pinky promise I will always give my honest opinion of any product and would never recommend something if I did not use and love it!!
****My posts are not to be taken as medical advice. Anything I talk about regarding fitness and nutrition, comes from my own personal experience, please consult with your personal medical provider or professional for your specific needs.