I am excited to show you how to pick a word of the year! What is a word of the year and how can it help you? If you haven’t heard of a word of the year, let me give you some more info… A word of the year is a big picture look at what you want your year to look at. Your word of the year should be something that encompasses your focus. It is different than your typical “New Year’s Resolutions”.
How having a word of the year can help:
- While resolutions are tasks or things to check off, a word of the year gives you a framework on decision making. If your word of the year is joy, when you are getting ready to commit to something or make a decision- ask yourself, will this decision support a joyful person? It gives you a pause, time to think about what is important to you and what actions will help get you there.
- A word of the year is like a mantra- it is something to keep at the front of your mind to help remind you of what is important
- Having a word of the year gives you focus
Ready to pick a word of the year- Now what?
Give yourself some quiet space, grab a pen and paper or your journal and start asking yourself some questions:
What is something that you need in your life?
How do you want to feel?
Need some inspiration? Use my new printable for some ideas on words to use!
If you want to download this printable (or any of my printables), just sign up for my newsletter for all access to my FREE printables.
How I can help!
With Holistic Health and Wellness Coaching:
- Did you know that I have been a nurse for over 15 years and am also a holistic wellness coach?
- If you ready for a real change in your life that allows you to heal and find real wellness- physically, emotionally and spiritually. Then wellness coaching is for you!!
Try 2 sessions out for FREE!!
- Just for signing up for my newsletter, you automatically get emailed my printable guide to wellness as well as getting access to many other worksheets that you can print off and use right away!!
Join my monthly book club:
What it is:
- a Facebook group: Real Life Book Club
- Each month we read a new book- varied genre of books
- I’ll post 6 discussion questions in the Facebook group at the end of the month. This is your time to interact with other book lovers!
- Optional book club guide monthly emailed to you
- Check out my Bookshop link with all of my past book club picks
Join my Declutter Group:
What it is:
- a Facebook group: Real Life Wellness: Decluttered
Goals of the group
- declutter 1 space (closet, drawer, shelf, room) each day
- get inspiration and ideas from others
- optional monthly decluttering check list emailed to you
Follow me on Social Media:
See wellness looks like to me in my everyday life & you get more pictures of Lilo!!
- Instagram– follow my stories and reels
- On Pinterest – come pin with me – check out my boards for my favorite meal planning ideas and more!
- & if you want to dive into wellness a more, join my private Facebook Group: Wellness for the Real Life- body, mind and spirit
***Some of the links in my posts contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link. I pinky promise I will always give my honest opinion of any product and would never recommend something if I did not use and love it!!
****My posts are not to be taken as medical advice. Anything I talk about regarding fitness and nutrition, or any other lifestyle changes comes from my own personal experience or my individual client’s experiences, please consult with your personal medical provider or professional for your specific needs.